Sunday, January 24, 2010

Need a Nanny?

The other night we went out to eat at L'Exotic. We all had pizza. While we were waiting for our food to arrive, a lady that worked there came and took Micah. This is not an unusual occurence. Near the end of the meal, one of the waiters came over to me and said, "Madame, pardon, but my sister over there who was holding your baby..." I thought he was going to say she wanted some money for taking him while I ate or something, but he continued, "She wants to know if you need help taking care of your baby, she would like to come work for you." Oh! I smiled and explained to him that we didn't live here but were just visitng and that we live up North. He said okay and went and relayed the message. He came back just a few minutes later, "She says that she doesn't care and that she would even go to Agadez to come work for you." And then I explained that oh, we don't live in Agadez, we live out in the bush, and I didn't think that she would want to come work for us where we live. And off he went. Then, just as we were getting ready to leave he brings me a piece of paper with Juliette's name and her phone number...just in case I decide that I need a nanny after all.

No comments: